Hey y’all for a good while now I have been exercising the state of POSITIVITY.
Hey y’all did you miss me?! been a while I know I have been on Planet Stylisoulstar living good, eating good, playing good and having me some fun. I am shrinking in size but my life is getting bigger, I am loving my new body which is still under maintenance but doesn’t mean I can’t show it off in the meanwhile. I am slowly getting used to this smaller frame of mine, it has its good and bad points but loving that I can play around with different looks.
If you haven’t noticed I am very much into menswear and I love a bit of tight mixed with loose.
Denim – is one of my FAVES it is so classic its cool, wears well also it can be made to look smarter fits perfectly with my style and never goes out of style.
Shirts – These can be either loose and baggy to add that comfy element or fitted with collar to add the sharpness.
Layering – I love to layer it adds some dimension and character to an outfit, also mixing fabrics and colours makes it much more fun.
Hope you likey the “FITS” as my friend would say and hopefully I can give you some fab ideas.
Embrace what you have and WORK IT!!
Hey y’all its that time of year where everyone is scurrying around buying the whole high street like the shops will never open again. It is also the time of year where people are about to stuff their faces and say they will work it off in the new year. It is also the time of year where the “2014 is my year” statements are made (how so..did you buy it?). Also the I am going to join the gym 1st January and back to the sofa on 1st February situation is about to happen!!
Now I am no way perfect or here to preach but what I am here to do is point out a few thangs. I won’t lie I have been subject to the new years resolutions crap but that was way back when….
Basically you are alive and living NOW so why not try to do something NOW, everyday you wake up you have the chance to change the game tomorrow is a brand new day!
If 2013 wasn’t a very good year for you then why would you wait till 2014 to make it better? End the year on a good note and say you know what 2013 wasn’t what I had hoped but I can learnt from from it and use it. Go into a new day with a positive head don’t put off your happiness till another time!
We are in no way perfect but how do we become better if you never make that change!!
Hey y’all got a little video on my weight loss journey and a few bits on life in 2013.
At the beginning of the year changes happened to me and I also decided to make some changes of my own. I am very proud of myself in how far I have come, there is still a long way to go but that is what makes it all exciting!
Whatever it is that you decide to do in life be persistent, passionate, consistent and just keep on going don’t give up!!!
The hustle, the grind and hard work never stops!!
Just a little update on what I have been doing with the fluff on top of my head, I have been a little bit laid back with my hair lately (code for lazy). Just been trying to keep it simple in terms of products and styling!!
Check out the video see what I been doing thank you please!!
Hope you likey!!
Everybody needs a bit of chocolate in their life this is a good way to get that sweetness but still be healthy at the same time. They are so cheap, easy to make and so yummy to eat. I am always looking for sweet things I can knock up myself eliminate any packaged goods.
I had a bar of dark chocolate sitting there and I wasn’t going to just eat it straight from the packet. So one evening I just randomly decided I was making some no bake chocolate bar thingy bobs. I melted the chocolate threw in some honey a little coconut oil, oats and nuts then hey presto out came these thangs. Basically this wasn’t planned but it is just a different variation of a granola bar except there is no oven using involved. If you prefer just a plain granola bar refer to my other recipe>>>> http://stylisoulstar.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=985&action=edit
So bowl and spoon at the ready if you want to have a go here is what you need!!
p.s don’t forget to lick the spoon its a must (once your done that is no double dipping y’all) !!
Remember these are approximate measures you can add more or a little bit less if you wish, but the honey and coconut oil are the glue that hold the bars together!
p.s too much honey can be too sweet so be careful!
1/2 a bar of Dark Chocolate (you can use cacao nibs)
2 cups Rolled Oats*
1/4 Cup Coconut oil
1/3 Cup Honey*
1/2 Cup Dessicated Coconut*
1/2 cup Flaked or whole Almonds
*quick cook oats are better as you are not baking they need to be softer.
*Use any honey you like down to preference
*Avoid dessicated coconut that is mixed with sugar
Large glass bowl
Pot big enough to fit the bowl over
Foil Cling film
HOW TO MAKE
Promise you could do this with your eye closed
- So grab your pot and fill with water about half way and put it on to boil or to save time use water from a boiled kettle, Next grab your glass bowl and break up your chocolate place in the bowl, next add your honey and coconut oil.
- Heat until everything has melted and give the mixture a good stir.
- Next add your oats, nuts and coconut to the bowl and mix until everything is coated. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Whilst you are waiting for the mix to cool down line your tin with foil.
- Once the mix is cooled place it in the lined square tin and press it down with a large soon or spatula.
- Then take a piece of cling film same size of the tin and use it to press down the mixture with your hand.
- Keep pressing down for about 1 minute so it is nicely packed together, this will help the bars to stay together once they have been chilled.
- Once this is done cover with cling film and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- If your impatient like me place them in the freezer for about 20-30 mins but not too long as you don’t want them icy.
- Once they have been chilled remove them from the fridge/freezer take them out the tin a long with the foil. Peel the foil off the mix and rest it back on the foil.
- Now you want to cut it into bars, I would say about 8 bars from the size tin you see in the picture. But could vary depending you on your size tin.
The next step is the best one EAT and INHALE them
If you have any left by the time your done store them in air tight container. In the fridge is probably best but they can also be left on the side if your kitchen isn’t too warm.
Do you just get up and go or do you plan everything down to the last drop?!
Well if your anything like me you don’t just DO THINGS (apart from exercise ) you will want to know who when what and why before you even consider it.